Re: Antw: Re: MIB data collection question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: MIB data collection question
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:37:05 -0600
The NetView SNMP data collector will only collect data for certain types of
MIB objects (I can't remember exactly which ones so I did not list them).
For example, it will NOT work on STRING objects like ifDescr.  It WILL work
on COUNTER objects like ifInOctets.

Joel Gerber - I/T Networking Professional - USAA Information Technology Co.
- San Antonio, TX
* (210)456-4231         * mailto:Joel.Gerber@USAA.com   "
http://www.usaa.com