Re: Copy or print object information...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Copy or print object information...
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:33:02 -0500

See the man page on ovobjprint to print the object database.  You can also print
out the topology database with ovtopodump (-lr ).  But there are no options to
print subsets.  You can print all of them, or selected entries by selection name
(usually host name) or object id, but that is all.  You will have to write your
own tool (script) to extract what individual nodes you want.  You would have to
identify all the objects on that subnet and call ovobjprint -s <selection_name>
in turn for each one of them.  One way might be to build a Collection of what
you want and then use nvUtil with the l option to list the members.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Matthias Goellnitz <GOELL@DE.IBM.COM> on 02/28/2000 08:12:15 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>