Re: Smartset creation Rules (From Script).

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Smartset creation Rules (From Script).
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:33:23 -0500
Why not create a similar smartset from the GUI and then look at the rule with
smartsetutil?  That's how I would do it.  The only source of information on
smartset internals is the usage note you get with smartsetutil -?  so I would
say that the logic keywords are only documented on the advanced rule page  of
the GUI create tool.   There they are shown as "AND", "AND NOT" , "OR", and "OR
NOT".

 In the NT GUI I cannot see how you can specify a Boolean value of "False"  (I
know you can do that in UNIX) -- it looks to me like you have to use a compound
condition like "AND NOT ("isHub" = "True")  rather than ("isHub" = "False").

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM> on 02/25/2000 02:25:12 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>