RE: How to coerce a mib on NT?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: How to coerce a mib on NT?
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:46:07 -0500

Well, I tried editing a copy of the old cisco mib, unloaded that one, and
loaded my copy. The oddest thing happened - I could build a mib apple
using it, and during the build it showed that it was a counter. But on
running
the mib apple, it handled it as an integer. I don't know what snmpcollect
would make of it.

Detroit

I attempted to edit the snmpcol.conf, and it definitely did NOT work. It
didn't cause any harm to the system, but caused problems with snmpcollect.
Thinking back, I didn't try editing the mib file first before loading -
perhaps you could try this.

As I only needed the values for reporting purposes, I just collected on the
integer values, and calculated the delta values in custom reports.

Regards,
 Matt Moore