RE: NV V6 install problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NV V6 install problem
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:00:21 -0500
Jeff,

        This is a bug in the installation procedure. I also have a PMR open
with the support and they have promised me      to open up a APAR for this.
Meanwhile the work around is (very painful)

        Deinstall framework (if your NetView server is managed node then
remove managed node)
        Install in a sequence Framework 3.6, 3.6.1,3.6.1-TMF-0045 and then
3.6.2.

        Just for your info, if you do wlsinst command on your managed node
(if your NetView machine will be managed        node) then it will give you
the list of all products installed on the system. If you migrated from 3.6
to 3.6.2, all of        the patches including 3.6.1-TMF-0045 will be there.
But the bug in installation procedure does not check that.

        Another way of working around is copy the CD content on the disk and
then modify appropriate .IND file where         it checks for dependency.
Modify it to look for version 3.6.2.

Good Luck..........

Shailesh