How to coerce a mib on NT?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How to coerce a mib on NT?
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:19:20 -0500

I tried threatening it ....:)
On AIX, we have the mib.coerce file that is mostly used to change useful
Cisco mib variables from INTEGER to COUNTER so we can graph them
as rates of change, since they really are like counters in that they
continue
to grow from boot time. On NT, I don't see that file, and mib appls I make
to look at the locIf variables don't work as expected (flat line 6543
instead
of flat line 0). Is there a way to accomplish this on NT?

Another possiblity, but I don't know how to go about it, is maybe faking
the
mib. I had to unload a cisco-if mib last week to get the MIB-II Interface
variables back to Counter, because the Cisco-if mib file redefined them
as Counter32, then redefined Counter32 as Integer. What would happen if
I just changed the old cisco mib so that the locIf stuff was Counter
instead of
Integer? Anybody tried this?

All guesses are welcome..

Detroit