New hardware planning

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: New hardware planning
From: "Bonnie Jundt" <bonnie_jundt@mail.und.nodak.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:32:19 -0600
We are planning for new hardware for Tivoli, Netview and CiscoWorks and have
been doing comparisons on the F50 to the 44P-270.  Currently the F50 is a 32
bit processor and the 44P a 64 bit processor.

Most importantly we need to determine if the applications will support 64 bit.

It seems that the trade-offs on the two hardware platforms are the 32bit vs
64bit, disk and memory expansion and number of slots available.

Any advice would be appreciated greatly.