Re: snmp disconnects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmp disconnects
From: Miriam_Heise@vanguard.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:07:29 -0500
I have experienced the same problems with the snmpdx daemon.  I also had a PMR
opened but it was closed as Tivoli told me that there was a snmpdx patch
available that fixed the problem.This is the information I got from the Tivoli
rep:

"I don't have a patch number.  I only heard from a customer that they had
gotten the latest maintenance.  Are you running SEAS 1.0.3?  I'm not sure
how to tell which version you have.  I tried doing a strings on the snmpdx
module and looked at it with swmtool, but neither gave the whole story.
1.0.3 may be the latest, or at least a good one.  It also helps to put -f 0
on the snmpdx startup command in the startup script, /etc/init.d/init.snmpdx."

Someone from our UNIX support group downloaded the snmp patch that is referred
to from Sun, but found that their only reference to snmp is with respect to some
of their other products that we don't use.  When trying to load the patch, it
fails due to the other applications not being loaded.

Miriam Heise
Systems Mgmt
The Vanguard Group