Re: Understanding graph result....

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Understanding graph result....
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:42:25 +1000
Marcelo,
At 12:18 PM 22-03-00 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>I'm try to understand the graph results.
>I did create a graph but i don't understand that the meaning of this
>information..
>For example, what mind  IfInErrors.1, IfInErrors.2, IfOutErros.1,
>IfInUcastPkts.1, IfOutUcastPkts.1 and snmpInPkts.1.

These are MIB variables from the standard MIB, MIB-II.

In the MIB file each has a Description that you can read - look with the
browser or a text editor.

For example, the Description for ifInErrors says
"The number of inbound packets that contained errors preventing them from
being deliverable to a higher-layer protocol."

NV will calculate rates and plot them.

The integer on the end is the instance number of the particular MIB
variable - in these cases, it is an interface number.

>I'm have problems of performance with network and will like find what is
>problem.
>So, i need understand the meaning this graph, ok.
>Anybody can help me?
>
>Thanks,
>Marcelo.

Joe Fernandez