Re: Netview doing ports scan

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview doing ports scan
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:38:14 -0500

It is probably looking for a management web server on the devices.
This is different from the nvsniffer function, and adds the ability to
launch the management URL if it exists. It adds some fields in the
object database like  isHTTPSuppported, isHTTPManaged, and
ManagementURL http: (defaults to //hostname). These should only
be set at discovery for I thought it only happened for oids with a W
flag in the oid_to_type. Maybe your device has that in the new
oid_to_type file? If you want to stop doing it, you can probably do
that by removing the W and/or changing those fields to FALSE.

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Jorge Jiles <Jorge.Jiles@ualberta.ca>@tkg.com on 03/23/2000 04:04:51 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com