Re: DMI support with NetView 6K

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: DMI support with NetView 6K
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:42:16 -0500

What you are describing is a programming interface.  As I understand it, DMI is
an OSI model.  You can read about how NetView provides support for it in the
Programmer's Guide and the Programmer's Reference, under the XOM and XMP
programming discussions.  So far as I know, the only IBM product which ever used
this stuff was called "TMN" for managing telephony apps using CMOT.  Base
NetView allows CMOT to be handled by the pmd daemon, but it never goes anywhere
without an application to  receive it.  But in later releases, TMN became
stand-alone so that it has no NetView-dependency any more.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com> on 03/27/2000 09:50:02 AM