RE: NetView: AIX vs. NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NetView: AIX vs. NT
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:23:33 -0800
Michaels
1)  NV NT does have a web-interface.  In V6.0 it comes with its own.
    Its quite automatic.  In V5.x you used IIS.
2)  Paging built-in.  Yes, I believe its the same as AIX.
3)  Scripting language.  I use Perl.  If you have UNIX-types who might
    have to use this... I'd also suggest MKS toolkit (a Unix toolkit
    for NT).  Not sure I'd survive without MKS.

    MKS Shell = sh.exe   I don't know if it supports ksh.

    Check URL for details: http://www.mks.com/press/releases/981109a.htm

4)  NetView NT will use the JET (aka Access) DB unless you have SQL
    installed.  JET is included with NT (you don't have to buy Access).

Regards,

Gary Boyles, Intel