Re: how do I load the traps for a new enterprise

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: how do I load the traps for a new enterprise
From: "Ken Karasek" <KGKARASE@hewitt.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:44:52 -0500

James and Leslie, thanks for the insight. Since I have entirely rebuilt a freash
NV 5.1.2 system, I have decided not to implement and integrate a host of other
non-IBM third party applications into the NV platform to maintain its integrity.
In the past I had problems with Optivity and Nortel's OMS-P products. I have
since moved those apps to other isolated platforms for the time being.

I raised this question since I have not had to manually add traps to NV, other
than for Nways devices that were already configured with addtrap commands.
Usually, this is done through the installation process. I now need to go back
and manually add all the third party MIB's manually.

Thanks again.