db corrupted ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: db corrupted ?
From: Sergio Cardona <scardona@visiontech.com.co>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:47:48 -0500 (COT)
Hi All:

I am giving a support and I would like to have a second
opinion.

Our client have NetView 5.1.2 and AIX 4.3.2.

The NetView is unestable, and has this sysmptoms:

- The /usr/OV/databases/openview has 1.5 Gb ( the db
has 27000 objets)
- the map has problems, a few objects look like it were
bad.
- the ovwdb take 20 minutes or more to start !!! ( the
normal time was less that 1 minute).

- the sistem has had some hang ups.

We have made some times the ovtopofix and the normal
maintenance of the database but the system has the same
behavior.

I think that the db is corrupted and I can not imagine
what is obwdb doing when it is starting.

I have a addtional question, our client is using a user
with the ID 0 instead of root to make the
administration, is there any problem to do it?.

Thanks in advance,

Sergio Cardona.

El contenido de este correo es completa responsabilidad del Autor.
VisionTech Colombia
Calle 114