Re: Problem with loading Mib

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem with loading Mib
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:02:10 -0400

Hmmm.  I haven't seen that before.   What else have you loaded from Cisco
already?
Generally speaking you have to load CISCO-SMI-V1SMI.my  before you load anything
else, so if you haven't done that already, do that first.   And you might want
to load CISCO-TC-V1SMI.my also, as a lot of Cisco MIBs require that as well.
I have both those loaded (and about 30 others besides) and I had no trouble
I am running 5.1.2 on those.
If loading those two predecessor MIBs doesn't help, then what level of code are
you at.  Have you looked at you copy of the MIB to make sure it is all there?

Also, as a general rule, if you get an error trying to load a MIB, and  you get
the pop-up with the error message, and you say "OK" and immediately try to load
the same MIB, you will probably get a different and even stranger error than you
got the first time.  That isn't the case here is it?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Fred Bish" <fnbish@hotmail.com> on 04/13/2000 04:54:34 PM