Re: Problem Loading Mibs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem Loading Mibs
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2nd-wave.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:19:56 -0500
James_Shanks@tivoli.com wrote:

> Your copy of the MIB is just needs a little fixing up, syntax wise.  We will
> be
> shipping a corrected version of it in NetView 5.1.4 and 6.01.  By the way,
> your
> 5.0 is out of support.  You need to consider migrating to either 5.1 or 6.0.

Speaking of MIBs, ASN.1, and loader ...

Are there any plans to have the Netview compiler/loader ignore the
        -- Some comment text -- More comment text
scenario?

I complained about this once before, because some of the 6.0 MIBs (e.g
RFC 1212) are shipped with this syntax.  Basically, someone attempted to
block comment out part of the file.   Technically though, a second set
of -- characters is a comment termination token.

I have a perl script to clean this up, but it's a pain to deal with over
and over again.   There are several MIBs in the standard set that have
this problem.