location.conf and IP discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: location.conf and IP discovery
From: "Chance, Larry" <lchance@sfbcic.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:37:19 -0500
Netview for NT v6

I'm using the 'location.conf' file and it's working out for my multiple
states,
however there's one location that I'm having difficulty with IP discovery.

In this scenario, Netview's not discovering the subnet below,
RemoteLocationSubnet130,
which I know to be functional.  All the others are discovered fine.

RemoteLocation 0 State
RemoteLocationSubnet128 10.128 State RemoteLocation
RemoteLocationSubnet129 10.129 State RemoteLocation
RemoteLocationSubnet130 10.130 State RemoteLocation
RemoteLocationSubnet131 10.131 State RemoteLocation
.
.
.

If I try to manually add any Objects to RemoteLocationSubnet130 I
consistently get the messages:
    IPMap will not recognize a node on this submap.  Press cancel to
continue.
or
    IPMap will not recognize a network on this submap.  Press cancel to
continue.

Anyone else experiencing IP discovery problems with 'location.conf' submaps?

Thanks,

Larry