Polling (Netview 6)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Polling (Netview 6)
From: Frantsen Christian <cf@internoc.se>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 14:35:58 +0200
Hi!

I have a router which is a special case when it comes to polling. Due to
superduper security the only interface
I can reach is the serial, so I put it on SNMP polling so I can monitor the
other devices.

Now I noticed that when i stopped netmon to remove a device then restarted
it again the node goes down and
stays down on the map, until i manually make a ping and after that a demand
poll so the other interfaces changes status.
If i don't do this manually the node stays down on the map.

It's a Cisco 1600 with 1 Ethernet, 1 Serial and 1 Encrypted Tunnel.

<--------------[ Internoc Scandinavia AB ]-->
 Christian Frantsen - Technical Operations

 Tel: +46-36-194650          -o)
 Fax: +46-36-194651          /\\
 http://www.internoc.se     _\_V