Re: MLMs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MLMs
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:15:53 -0400

nvpage requires nvpagerd to be present.  nvpage queues the user-entered page
message  to the queue maintained by nvpagerd, who then spawns an nvpager process
to do the actual dialing and send the pages as long as there is something in the
queue.   I may be wrong, but I thought an attended MLM included all the NetView
daemons, and if so, then nvpage would work there.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"LC" <lchance@netdoor.com> on 05/03/2000 07:53:30 PM

Can the MLM (attended or unattended) at a remote site use nvpage on the
PC with the MLM or does it depend on the nvpagerd at the top level manager?

Thanks,

Larry