TMF woes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: TMF woes
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@eastman.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 13:11:47 -0400
When we originally installed NetView V 5.1 we did so in a test environment
so when we went production the node name changed. I had a heck of a time
straightening out Framework for the name change, or so I thought. Today I
started to install the patch to upgrade 5.1 to 6.0 and the pre-install
window indicated it was going to backup my oldname.db (no reference to my
newname.db). This makes me relunctant to continue with the upgrade. Using
wlookup, ManagedNode and NetViewServer are both set to my newname, however
for NetViewRemoteAccess there are two entries, one with my newname and the
other with my oldname. I have checked all the possible TMF resource_names
using wlookup and this is the only reference I find to my oldname.

What would be the best way to straighten this out? I am considering
deinstalling Framework and reinstalling from scratch, I only use it for
NetView installation and upgrades. If I do so will I still be able to
migrate from v5.1 to v6? What is the procedure for deinstalling Framework?
Would I still select the Tivoli NetView Framework 5.x to 6.0 patch if I did
so? I assume I could continue to run NetView while reinstalling and
upgrading Framework.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579