1.Collection not refreshing...2. Changing Icon size.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: 1.Collection not refreshing...2. Changing Icon size.
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:01:51 -0400

1) Are you looking at a R/O map? You should see the  correct status in
the collections, but you cannot expect membership to change on a R/O
map, because that involves adding and deleting symbols on that submap,
which requires r/w accesss.

2) Netview will automatically use the biggest icons it has that will fit in
the
screen. I have found that if you push them as close together as you can
in the middle of the screen, with an equal amount of space clear on all
four sides of the screen, Netview will redraw it to fill the screen.  It
may
also be that you have too many things on the screen and need to
subdivide it further with Location Icons. Try to keep it under 20 things
on the top level submap. If you are projecting this on something, you will
have a further factor the resolution available on the grahics adapter on
the
device connected to the big screen (a PC?).  There are also some
things you can fiddle with in /usr/OV/app-defaults/OVw, but I would address
the arrangement first.

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Glen_Vinnicombe@sweb.co.uk@tkg.com on 05/30/2000 06:17:00 AM