Re:permanently Message "System Name Changed"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re:permanently Message "System Name Changed"
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:00:21 -0400

That's just the configuration polling that goes on when netmon is
restarted.
It updates a couple of fields in the object database, including the
routerSysname
field, which it gets from system.sysname on the device. It does not really
mean
that it has changed, just that you are up to date in case it has. You may
also see
references to Contact and Location, which it also retrieves from the system
mib.

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Werner_Claassen@krzn.de@tkg.com on 06/15/2000 03:43:23 AM