Re: was FWK included in Netview?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: was FWK included in Netview?
From: echevarria@es.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:13:17 +0200

James,

     many thanks for the info. It's very useful for me.

Juan.

Juan Echevarría López
AT&T Global Network Services
Internet: jechevarria@att.com   |   echevarria@es.ibm.com

James_Shanks@tivoli.com on 16/06/2000 12:44:20

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:    (bcc: Juan Echevarria Lopez/Spain/IBM)
Subject:  Re: [NV-L] was FWK included in Netview?

I doubt whether anyone subscribing to this forum could completely answer
your
question since it is not a technical one, and the answer depends to a large
extent on the terms and conditions of sale in your geography, but basically
the
answer is this.  If you are just using Framework to install NetView, then
it is
free.  If you have other Tivoli products or want to connect your TMRs using
Framework, then you must have a license for it.

As for an audit, why worry?  If the auditors disagree, then you can "worry"
about it.  A license is just a piece of paper which says you paid the bill,
and
you have that already.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support