mib2trap and BITS SYNTAX.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: mib2trap and BITS SYNTAX.
From: "Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@banksa.com.au>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 15:23:50 +0930
I have a CISCO MIB that I am trying to convert using mib2trap but the process
fails at any definition with BITS as a SYNTAX type in the OBJECT-TYPE.

The format of the stanza is like the following :

name OBJECT-TYPE
   SYNTAX    BITS {
                                fred(0),
                                jim(1),
                                foo(2),
                               bar(3)
                             }
     MAX-ACCESS  read-write
etc etc...

mib2trap returns an error "Should be ACCESS({): On or around line 4563 (its a
big MIB!) but if I remove all stanzas with references to BITS mib2trap works
fine. According to my SNMP book by William Stallings BITS is a valid SNMPv2
type but mib2trap either differs on this point or the definitions are cactus.

Any ideas out there?

   *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
Bank SA is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any