Location of NetView icon.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Location of NetView icon.
From: Dave_Finn@computacenter.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:47:37 +0100

Hi,

I am installed NetView 6.0 for UNIX on Framework version 3.6.2 running on NT

I installed the Tivoli NetView Framework Patch, then installed the NetView
Server.  The icon for the NetView Server appeared in the Desktop for the Root
Administrator.  And for a Tivoli Administrator to access the NetView Client they
need to have global "admin" rights to the TMR server.

What I would like to do is move the NetView Server icon into a separate Policy
Region, so I can give the NetView administrator, "user" global rights and the
"admin" rights to the new Policy Region.

Firstly, is this possible.

And secondly, how do I move the NetView Server icon into a new Policy Region.  I
know the NetView Framework Patch 5.1 used to add two new Managed Resources, but
the version 6 of this patch hasn't, is this right or has something gone wrong
with the installation.

Cheers

Dave