Re: Location of NetView icon.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Location of NetView icon.
From: Dave_Finn@computacenter.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:21:07 +0100

Hi Leslie,

Yes you are correct about the setup and yes I have installed the Patch on the NT
TMR server and the UNIX managed node.

The problem of security is more of the other way round, for the NetView
administrator to access NetView he needs to have at least "admin" global rights
to the TMR.  Which gives them too much access to the other functions within the
TMR.

With the Noticeboard you can at least restrict them to which notices they
receive and you can have multiple Remote Control objects, within different
Policy Regions, each with the ability to control selective machines.

Thanks for you reply

Cheers

Dave

lclark@us.ibm.com on 05/07/2000 13:34:28