Re: RE: Event Correlation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RE: Event Correlation
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:15:47 -0400

Good assessment, Gavin. I would just add that in NV V6, netmon does
actually
adjust the order in which it does its status polling in an attempt to
minimize the
number of down events generated before the suppression kicks in. It can do
this because it knows which routers have interfaces on the subnet that the
allegedly-down node is on and can check them asap, thus determining whether
it is the subnet that is unreachable, or only that node. This algorithm is
suprisingly
efficient.  And V6.0.1 will give some more options on how it actually
works.

Detroit

"Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@banksa.com.au>@tkg.com on 07/05/2000 01:46:45 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com