Re: map view by WEB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: map view by WEB
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:11:10 -0400

All versions.  It has NEVER been possible to restrict views by submap, and in my
opinion, it is unlikely that it ever will, given the current structure of the
product.   Permissions are assigned by file, so additional security would have
to be designed and implemented, and ovw, ipmap, and the web-client all rewritten
to check this additional security mechanism   They do not do internal security
checks at this time.   So a complete re-write of the GUIs would be required.
Most everyone already hates NetView security now, so I can't see making this
change.  But you are welcome to make a request for product enhancement through
your Tivoli marketing rep.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT