Re: NV cannot discover a replaced router

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV cannot discover a replaced router
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:09:18 -0400

This could be because of the level of your Netview. There are some new
interface types (like 112) that are not supported until 5.1.2.  Are you
able to
discover other devices of this type?

Detroit

Thomas Seidel <seidelt@dbf.ddb.de>@tkg.com on 07/24/2000 11:43:19 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   "nv-l@tkg.com" <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] NV cannot discover a replaced router

I just replaced an IBM router with a CISCO 7120 without changing their IP
addresses, then I deleted the IBM router object from the IP map and all
submaps. Now it seems that NV cannot discover the new router. I verified
that the SNMP settings and access lists on the CISCO are right. On the NV
box running snmpget with the CISCO works fine. Any hints?

NetView V4R1
AIX 4.1
CISCO 7120 IOS 12.0

Thanks