Re: Netview version

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview version
From: ronnie.ross@springs.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:30:08 -0400
Sergio,
     Optivity 9.0.1 works just fine with NetView 6.0.  Just watch out for
superping daemon.  I have turned it off and the rest of Optivity still
works.  Nortel has said there will be a minor update later this year and a
major update first half of next year.  Now that all the code is java, they
said they are working on speed!!!!!  It needs it VERY much.  Right now on
my machine, it is barly usable.  They also said they are trying to get
features back in that got dropped in the switch from 8 to 9.

Ronnie Ross
Network Engineer

                    Sergio Cardona

                    <scardona@visionte        To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    ch.com.co>                cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     [NV-L] Netview
version
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com

                    08/08/00 10:14 AM

                    Please respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi All:

I would like to know what is the current NetView for AIX version ?
If  yet is 6.0, anybody has an idea how long take the new release ?
I this version compatible with Optivity? and what version?.

thanks in advance,

Sergio Cardona.