RE: MIB table is bad?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: MIB table is bad?
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:29:36 -0400

Are you using (1)  UNIX or  NT and what Level of NetView  and (2) the V1 or V2
MIB loader?

When I say " quit" I mean leave the MIB loader GUI all together and then restart
it.  The  try your failing MIB again.  If that still gives you wierd errors, try
one that we supply to see how that does.  You can always unload it again.

And yes, what I was saying was that you shoudlexamin the MIB fuile you are
trying to load for syntactical problems, but it will be hard to do that with
weird line numbers.   Those are what we are trying to overcome.  But even with
those there is usually some descriptive message as well.  What does that say?

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com> on 08/10/2000 10:03:44 AM