Re: trapd errors in nvlog

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: trapd errors in nvlog
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:35:46 -0400

I don't know exactly what was going on to cause the first error, but it says
that it cannot store the event record in the database.
Any idea what you may have been doing when this occurred or did you just
happened to see it?   In any case, you will probably have to call Support to get
some help with further diagnosis.

There is no easy way to create rulesets on NT, and they are of very limited
value there anyway.  The samples pretty much show what you can do, which is
basically to build a filter for the event browser.  Without an editor, you have
to edit a positional ASCII file and do it correctly, if you want to change them.
What little information there is on them is in the User's Guide.  I recommend
you leave them alone unless you have some huge overwhelming need to get one
going.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT