Netview over back to back firewalls

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview over back to back firewalls
From: "Vidal, Chaz" <chaz.vidal@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:59:06 +0930
Hi All,

Because of customer process and procedures, we are about to implement
Netview over back to back firewalls. The Netview server, residing on Network
A behind a Gauntlet firewall, needs to manage the customer network on
Network B, behind a Checkpoint fiewall.

Has anyone had a similar configuration and what do we need to look out for?
Is it only a matter of checking the routing tables and opening SNMP ports?
Would it be ideal to use MLM's in this case?

Thanks for any tips,