Unreachable Status.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Unreachable Status.
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:24:02 -0700
To:  NetView Forum.

I have a few questions on "Unreachable" status as defined
in NV (NT) V6 docs.

1)  Is this working, or does it have to be purchased?
I had heard that it was now free, but is that in V6 or
V6.01?

2)  Assuming its a part of NV... does it mark the
interface as unreachable if the next-hop (router iface)
is down, or does the node have to be totally unreachable
(i.e. all interfaces off all subnets are unreachable).

3)  Is the status marked "Unreachable", or is there an
additional "unreachable" NetView trap.

4)  If I'm managing 100 server off of a subnet, and the
subnet goes off-net... will I still receive 100 server
I_DWN events, or are they suppressed?  If they are suppressed,
how do I indicate an "off net" event for a server?

Basically, I'd like to deliver the best possible (root-cause)
message for the available data.

Regards,