config poll & demand poll bug

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: config poll & demand poll bug
From: "Peter Anderson" <pETERanderson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:54:57 +1100
I've noticed that when Netview does a config check it obviously does a
comparison of what data is stored already in regards to interface
descriptions, etc.

However, there is a bug in the code that doesn't allow for spaces.

We have several 3com hubs that have in fact that:

        "3Com LinkBuilder FMS type:ETH"

Every time NV does a config check it logs an error in trapd.log:

        <device> N  Interface Descriptor for 3Com changed to "3Com LinkBuilder
FMS
type:ETH".

This is despite the fact that using ovtopodump -l it is stored correctly.

Regards,

Peter Anderson
Senior Communications Analyst
Ph:  0011 61 2 99025938