addtrap problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: addtrap problem
From: "Peter Anderson" <pETERanderson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:34:21 +1100
It seems here is the crux.

Netview developers don't actually use Netview.  If they did, there would be
thousands of useable improvements such as the problem below.

My suggestion (and please don't tell us to submit an enhancement request in
triplicate) is to include code into mib2trap which CAN interrogate the
loaded mibs database to determine the correct enterprise ID.  If it can't be
found in either the source mib file OR the loaded mibs report an error.

Peter Anderson
Senior Communications Analyst
Westpac Banking Corporation
Ph:  0011 61 2 99025938
<Remove ETER from my address to reply>

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Westpac Banking Corporation.