Problem with NetView update to 6.0 on UNIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problem with NetView update to 6.0 on UNIX
From: Sunit_H_Tailor@vanguard.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:18:07 -0400
Problem Description:
After checking all the requirements for NetView update to 6.0 from 5.x , when we
execute following command:

chktrapd /usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf

We got error in /tmp/trapd.confchk
Because we were testing the update we reduce the fields to <99. But we like to
know is it possible to Install Netview 6.0 or update to NetView 6.0 by keeping
trapd.conf file as it is (fields > 99)?
Or Is it possible to change the trapd.conf file( fields < 99)  for the
installation and after installation make it as it is (fields > 99)? We can not
loose the information from trapd.conf file.

Another question is also related to update.
Can you let us know if we get error during update installation, How can we
remove only the installed update information and can have our original version
of NetView in running
condition (as before update )?

Thanks,
Sunit