RE: Error loading MIB file (how to tell V1 from V2)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Error loading MIB file (how to tell V1 from V2)
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:47:07 -0400
Ken, I have been saving this information for years because I knew
someday someone will ask. According to my notebook.....

Netview mib loader can load SNMPv1 or SNMPv2 mibs, but you need to know
which they are; you can tell by looking at the mib's imports:
SNMPv1 MIBs will reference one or more of the following:
 RFC1155 SNMPv1 Structure of Management Information (SMI)
 RFC1212 SNMPv1 Concise MIB Definitions
 RFC1213 SNMPv1 MIB-II

SNMPv2 MIBS will reference one of more of the following:
 RFC1902 SNMPv1(?) Structure of Management Information (SMI)
  (replaces RFC1442 which is now HISTORIC)
 RFC1904 SNMPv2 Conformance Statements
or
 SNMPv2-SMI (refers to 1902 above)
 SNMPv2-CONF (refers to 1904 above)