NetView Trap Registration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView Trap Registration
From: "Lynne Hill" <lyhill@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:01:20 -0700
Hi.  Please forgive me if this question has been addressed
before.  We only have the NV 6.0 User Guide for NT
and Installation and Config. Guide for UNIX, and if the
answer is in either of those, darned if I can find it.

Does NetView automatically "register" itself as a
trap recipient of discovered devices if the correct
SNMP write community has been specified in
SNMP Config.?  For example, if device 10.10.10.5
has been discovered, and I have its write community
listed in SNMP Config., will NetView register itself
with this device to receive its traps, or do you have to
manually access the device and add the NetView
workstation to the device's list of trap recipients?

Thanks in advance.

Lynne Hill
Systems Test Engineer
Nortel Networks