Discovery Suggestion

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Discovery Suggestion
From: CHANCELLOR.D.ELLIS@customs.treas.gov
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:51:24 -0400
     I am running Netview 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3

     I have the IP addresses of all devices in a flat text file. I am
     looking for recommendations on how I go about building my map. I am
     fairly new to Netview and I am having trouble getting it to come up
     ok. I have just over 4000 routers and a whole slew of switches. There
     are a few workstations that I would like to manage, but not all of
     them.

     I had problems with my location.conf file. Tivoli has released an APAR
     and are currently working on a fix. Aparently, when you have a file as
     large as mine, over 2500 lines, ipmap cores every few seconds trying
     to keep up. As soon as this is fixed I think the location business
     will be fixed.

     I would like this process to be as automated as possible. Any