Re: Re[2]: Discovery Suggestion

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Discovery Suggestion
From: "Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:25:32 -0500
        Are you manually manipulating the seedfile or are you using the
seedfile editor in the GUI/Serversetup? I have made errors on the seedfile
when using GUI/text editors and the seedfile did not load correctly. I will
usually verify my changes in the seedfile editor just to make sure that I
don't have any errors. By doing this, netmon is stopped and restarted so the
changes to the seedfile will be noted. I have not seen NetView continue to
discover networks that were not specified by the seed file if it was created
and loaded correctly.

        CHANCELLOR.D.ELLIS@customs.treas.gov
        10/23/2000 08:39 AM
        Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>@SMTP@Exchange