Re: Re[4]: Discovery Suggestion

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re[4]: Discovery Suggestion
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:58:19 -0400
No. That list is of the networks, and you are right, Netview does discover
all interfaces on devices and makes networks for them. That's what they
developed the location.conf file for - to help put away those fans.
Consider
the number of subnets that will be created when you are deciding how to
subdivide your seedfile for staged discovery. For the ones with many
interfaces, do them one at a time, putting away their networks first. But
we have to have all of the networks if we are going to have a properly
connected map in the end.

Detroit

CHANCELLOR.D.ELLIS@customs.treas.gov@tkg.com on 10/24/2000 09:58:48 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com