Re: nvaddtrapdconf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvaddtrapdconf
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:15:46 -0400
Hi, Ray. I just set up a Netview to monitor Brocade switches in the SAN lab
in
Gaithersburg. ( You should have come - I demo'd it for the Enterprise
Leasing
team yesterday). I've only gotten them to send one trap, and here's what I
did
with it:

I added this interprise:
Brocade 1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1

And I added this trap: Generic 6, specific 3, source A for agent.
The format I used was:

Port state change: Status: $1 Index: $2 (-1 for port number)

We configured the devices to send at level 3, I think, and to not send
authentication failures. Lacking doc, I don't know what else it sends, but
it looks like there are at least two more!  But if you go into the switch
configuration, you can set it to send you some and then you will know
how to configure them.

Detroit

"Ray Westphal" <rwestphal@erac.com>@tkg.com on 10/24/2000 01:43:50 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com