Re: nvaddtrapdconf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvaddtrapdconf
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:40:43 -0400
Ray -
Let's try this again.  nvaddtrapdconf merges two trapd.conf files.  What
two trapd.conf's did you use?  If you use another file, other than a
trapd.conf, you may get the "successful" message even if nothing was added
because it didn't find anything to add (you will get the sucesssful message
if two trapd.conf files are identical too).

Adding MIBs to the MIB databases does not put you in a position to use
nvaddtrapdconf.  It sounds like you are confusing that with mib2trap which
works on MIB files.   And trapd.conf is just a ASCII file.  If you add
traps to it, you can view them with vi or more and see them in raw form, or
with xnmtrap, which provides a GUI and a foolproof way to edit them.  Don't
see them with xnmtrap?  Then they did not get added.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Ray Westphal" <rwestphal@erac.com> on 10/24/2000 01:43:50 PM