nvaddtrapdconf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: nvaddtrapdconf
From: "Ray Westphal" <rwestphal@erac.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:43:50 -0500
Hello All,

I have several questions about the nvaddtrapdconf command. I just added the
mibs for the Brocade SAN switch. The OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1. They
loaded correctly and I can see the new private.enterprises.bcsi "tree" when
I browse the MIB.

If the equipment sends no traps, how can I tell if the trap definitions were
successfully merged into the trapd.conf file? The command reported it merged
the information into the trapd.conf file. Should I also expect to see a new
Enterprise Name and Enterprise ID (1.3.6.1.4.1.1588) in the Event
Configuration/Trap Customization: SNMP window? You can open the window from
the command line by entering "xnmtrap".

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal
NMSA Systems Administrator