Re: MLM Architecture?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MLM Architecture?
From: "Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:47:24 -0400
Yes.
You would use Netview to discover everything.  It is much better at
discover (and
more controllable) than MLM. Then offload status polling to the MLM.

So install the MLM somewhere, like on the other side of a slow link, and
assign
monitoring of part of the network to that MLM. Netmon will continue to
monitor the rest.
You can  make the assignment by means of configuring a Smartset that is
created
automatically  when  you enable the C5d daemon for the Agent Policy Manager
function.
This is the  simplest way I have found to do this.

Detroit

Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com@tkg.com on 10/27/2000 03:00:10 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com