Re: MLM Architecture?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MLM Architecture?
From: "Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:29:45 -0600
        Very good! Thank you!

        Scott

        Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM <lclark@us.ibm.com>
        10/27/2000 03:47 PM
        Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>@SMTP@Exchange
        To:     IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>@SMTP@Exchange
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [NV-L] MLM Architecture?

        Yes.
        You would use Netview to discover everything.  It is much better at
        discover (and
        more controllable) than MLM. Then offload status polling to the MLM.

        So install the MLM somewhere, like on the other side of a slow link,
and
        assign
        monitoring of part of the network to that MLM. Netmon will continue
        monitor the rest.
        You can  make the assignment by means of configuring a Smartset that
is
        created
        automatically  when  you enable the C5d daemon for the Agent Policy
Manager
        function.
        This is the  simplest way I have found to do this.

        Detroit

        Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com@tkg.com on 10/27/2000 03:00:10 PM

        Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com