RE: Re: Addtrap problem.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Re: Addtrap problem.
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:23:59 -0400
Stephen -
I don't have the Altiga MIB's so I cannot do it for you.  But I posted a
general procedure for determining the enterprise id yesterday.  You work
backwards from the trap definition to the "enterprises" clause which
identifies Altiga as 3076.  It is clear that there must be more to these
enterprise ids because as you have noted, they are both specific 3.  Notice
that with NetView  the basic enterprise id is ".1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6"  (the "2"
means "IBM" and the "6" means NetView) but that most of the traps come in
with ".1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3", and those from trapgend are
".1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.4"?  The same kid of thing is likely to be the case here.
Pull up my append from yesterday about how to work backward  from the trap
to the enterprise id, or else concatenate the predecessor MIBs to the one
which defines the traps, and run mib2trap again.

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT