Re: Re[4]: New Object has shadow

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re[4]: New Object has shadow
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:37:02 -0400
Then in this case the shadow means that you have violated the cut-and-paste
rules and placed an object on the map where it doesn't belong, so it gets a
shadow to indicate that ipmap is not going to keep track of its status for
you.  You have created a symbol in the "user-plane" as opposed to the
"application plane". In the case of the new location symbol, you need to
create those on the IP Internet map at the highest level, where the routers
are.  You cannot start at a lower level.  And the cut-and-paste of the
object, whatever it was, was also not on the correct level.
You might profitably spend a little time reviewing the cut-and-paste rules
in the map customization section of the NetView Admin Guide.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

CHANCELLOR.D.ELLIS@customs.treas.gov on 10/27/2000 02:31:03 PM