Cannot start actionsvr

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cannot start actionsvr
From: "Ray Westphal" <rwestphal@erac.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:13:45 -0600
Hello All,

Late last night, I was paged by my server because an NV daemon, actionsvr,
was down. I dialed into the network and attempted to restart the server.
Users could not open a map. I remarked the ruleset file names from
/usr/OV/conf/ESE.automation and tried to restart the actionsvr. I stopped
all servers and restarted them. I ran a database cleanup and compression
job.  I even went so far as to restore /usr/OV and all its subdirectories
from a backup tar file from Saturday morning. No matter what I attempted I
could not get the server to restart. I eventually rebooted the server and
the actionsvr started. I called the Network Operations users and they were
able to open a map.

In the future, what other things should I try? What logs should I check?

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal
NMSA Systems Administrator
Enterprise Rent-A-Car